Cottesloe Dental was founded in 1923 by L F Glaskin, commonly known as ‘Len’. The original practice operated from Len’s home at 6 Francis Street in Mosman Park and serviced the Cottesloe Community. In those early days a filling would cost just fifteen shillings!
A few years later Len moved the business to the rear of Green’s Chemist. This location was demolished, along with the historic buildings Wells Hall and the Cottesloe Picture Theatre, to make way for what is now Cottesloe Central Shopping Centre. The property next to Green’s Chemist was purchased and has since been redeveloped and expanded multiple times to represent the existing building Cottesloe Dental resides in today, at 478 Stirling Highway Peppermint Grove.
In 1947 Bruce Glaskin, son of Len, joined the practice and they worked alongside each other for close to a decade, laying the foundation of the family focussed values we still hold today. Since then 23 more Partners, and countless further associate dentists, dental therapists, hygienists, assistants, receptionists, managers, and technicians, have contributed to the ongoing success of Cottesloe Dental and the overall improvement of the Cottesloe Community.